Transfer Talk: Ramos all in on Real Madrid move for Pogba 1

The Premier League transfer window has closed, but the rest of Europe remains open for business until Monday. Plus, it’s never too late to look forward to January! Click here to view the latest transfers and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.

All the major completed transfers | European transfer review

TOP STORY: Ramos issues Pogba plea

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane was adamant all summer that he wanted his team to move Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, but there’s another big name at the club that also thinks it’s a good idea: Sergio Ramos.

The Madrid captain told the Express that he thinks Los Blancos’ attack could use a player with the qualities of Pogba, saying: “For me, Pogba is one of the great players. I think he brings balance to a team. He has a great offensive influence and he has this amazing physique.”

The summer saga did not end how Zidane or Pogba might have liked, with United unwilling to part ways with the France international, despite his expressed desire to find a new challenge away from Old Trafford.

But hope springs eternal for Pogba with the endorsement from Ramos, with the report suggesting a move could come as soon as the winter window.

Eriksen is Madrid’s option 1A

However, should a move for Pogba not materialise, Real Madrid would turn their focus to Tottenham and Denmark playmaker Christian Eriksen, according to Sky Sports

The 27-year-old is out of contract at the end of the 2019-20 season and could shockingly be available for free, with Sky saying that Eriksen would be option 1A if Pogba decided to stay on at Man United.

Eriksen has 50 goals to his credit in 210 appearances across all competitions, but the contract impasse between him and the club doesn’t look like it will be resolved, meaning Spurs could lose out on any return on their investment on the former Ajax man.

Barca in hurry up and wait mode for Emerson

Contracts can get complicated in La Liga. Just ask Jose Miguel Lopez Catalan, the Real Betis managing director, Brazilian full-back Emerson and those in charge of the purse strings at Barcelona.

Speaking to Marca, the man from Real Betis, outlined how the 20-year-old’s rights were snapped up by Barcelona for €12m when they signed him from Atletico Mineiro earlier this year. Half of those rights were then sold to Betis, with the player then staying in Andalusia until 2021.

Then Barcelona can decide if they want him to bring him to the Nou Camp, with Lopez Catalan confirming that Barca can’t swoop before that time is up. Everything clear?

Tap-ins

– Maurizio Sarri was all that stood between Manchester United and their attempts to bring Douglas Costa from Juventus to Old Trafford this summer. Costa’s on-pitch time was limited in Turin last season, with a succession of injuries curtailing his involvement. But his agent, Giovanni Branchini, told the Daily Mail that they would probably have got their man were it not for the new Juve boss.

– It has been all go at Watford so far this season but one player not going anywhere is Dimitri Foulquier, who spent last season on loan at Getafe from the Hornets. The Spanish side were keen on getting him back again for this campaign but Watford refused — slapping a €2m price tag on the player. Marca reports that ended up scuppering the deal. 





Source link