London rivals Chelsea and West Ham face off in the Premier League tonight.
The Blues need to hit back from two straight defeats to Wolves and Everton.
They can move up to fifth in the top-flight table with a win over West Ham this evening.
The Hammers, who drew with Crystal Palace last time out, have been in good form recently and will be looking to leapfrog Chelsea in the table tonight.
This will be the final Premier League fixture held before Christmas Day.
Chelsea v West Ham: Date and kick-off time
This match will be held at Stamford Bridge on Monday, December 21 and will kick-off at 8pm.
West Ham completed a superb double over Chelsea last season including a 1-0 win in this fixture.
Chelsea have only beaten the Hammers once in their last six meetings.
Chelsea v West Ham: TV channel and live stream
The game is being broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League from 7:30pm and follows their coverage of Burnley v Wolves.
Sky Sports customers can live stream this via the app using their mobile, tablet or computer devices.
If not, you can purchase a Sky Sports Day Pass from NowTV for £8.99.
Chelsea v West Ham: Team news
Callum Hudson-Odoi and Hakim Ziyech will face late fitness tests ahead of the visit of West Ham.
The wingers have both been sidelined with hamstring problems, but were back in full training for the first time on Friday.
Reece James is a doubt with a knee issue while Billy Gilmour is pushing for his first league start of the season.
Meanwhile, West Ham will have to check on Michail Antonio and Fabian Balbuena.
Antonio is battling to recover from the hamstring injury which has kept him out of the last three matches and Balbuena missed Wednesday’s 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace due to a minor knock.
Arthur Masuaku is out following knee surgery.
Chelsea v West Ham: What has been said?
Frank Lampard insists Chelsea cannot regret Declan Rice slipping through the academy net and flourishing at London rivals West Ham.
England midfielder Rice progressed through Chelsea’s ranks but was then released aged 14 and ended up with the Hammers.
The 21-year-old has been superb in east London recently and is now a long-term transfer target for the Blues.
Lampard said: “He’s a fantastic player for West Ham and England, so fair play, because his journey there, after leaving Chelsea and going to West Ham, it’s a good story to hear.
“There are lots of those stories for different reasons, at whatever level and that shows a strength of character. In terms of our end, I certainly wouldn’t use the word regret.
“Our academy is one of the best in the world, you look at our first team and all the players we’ve produced that are in and around the first-team squad, we’ve got so many.
“And it’s not easy, it’s not an exact science to pick or choose players. The academy work brilliantly here to bring through a lot of players.
“Declan Rice has given himself personal credit for going and having the great start to his career he’s had at West Ham.”
Chelsea v West Ham: Match stats and facts
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last 14 Premier League home games against West Ham (W9 D4), though it was in this exact fixture last season (0-1). They’ve not lost back-to-back home league games against the Hammers since February 1996.
- West Ham won home and away against Chelsea in the Premier League last season, and are looking to win three in a row against the Blues in the top-flight for the first time since a run of four between September 1972 and March 1974.
- Chelsea have lost their final league match before Christmas in just two of their last 30 seasons (W19 D9), losing to Leeds United in 1999 and Leicester City in 2018.
- West Ham’s final league match before Christmas last season was a 1-0 win over Southampton – the Hammers haven’t gone into Christmas with a win in consecutive seasons since doing so three years in a row between 1978 and 1980.
- When scoring at least once, Chelsea have lost just one of their last 38 Premier League home games (W27 D10), with that defeat coming at the hands of Liverpool last season (1-2). The Blues are unbeaten in their last 16 league games in which they’ve scored at Stamford Bridge (W14 D2).
- Chelsea have lost their last two Premier League games, with the Blues last losing three in a row in the competition back in November 2015.
- West Ham have gained five points from losing positions in the Premier League this season, including their 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace last time out. The Hammers only won five points from behind in the whole of the 2019-20 campaign.
- West Ham have won their last two Premier League away games, as many as they had in their previous 14 on the road (D3 L9). The Hammers last won three consecutively on the road in the competition back in December 2018.
- Frank Lampard is looking to avoid becoming the first Chelsea manager to lose his first three league encounters with West Ham, while only three managers have lost their first three Premier League games against the Hammers: Danny Wilson (1997-98), Sean Dyche (2014-16) and Ralph Hasenhuttl (2018-19).
- West Ham manager David Moyes has never won a Premier League match at Stamford Bridge (P15 D7 L8) – the only instance in Premier League history of a manager taking charge of more games at a stadium without winning is Moyes himself at Anfield (16 games).
#1 Football Merchandise & Souvenirs Store Liverpool Chelsea Manchester City Arsenal Tottenham Hotspur Manchester United Leicester City Newcastle United West Ham United Barcelona Real Madrid