Chelsea hopeful of Caicedo hijack, Man City set up Paqueta pursuit, Lavia latest

The Official Football Merchandise Store

Harry Kane did not know if his transfer from Tottenham to Bayern Munich was going to go through after a ‘roller coaster’ two days.

Kane has endured a whirlwind 72 hours since Spurs agreed a fee with the German club on Thursday, which culminated in the England captain being unveiled before the press on Sunday lunchtime.

He had already made his debut by then, coming on as a substitute in the second half of the DFL-Supercup, but his wait for the first silverware of his career goes on after Bayern lost 3-0 to RB Leipzig.

It was a race against time for Kane to be registered in time to play after his flight to Germany and subsequent medical was delayed after Spurs went back to the negotiating table at the last minute.

The £100million deal eventually got done, though Kane admits he was left sweating for a while.

“It was obviously a busy couple of days, a busy week, this is my first transfer that have been involved in, it was an up-and-down experience for sure, but I am happy to be here now,” he said.

“I wish Tottenham all the best, I wish Daniel Levy all the best, but my focus is here now and trying to help this time and I am just happy we managed to do it and am excited to get started.

“Talks have been ongoing for a couple of months ago and I always said if there was a deal that suited all three parties then we could do it.

“Going into the last year of my contract I didn’t want it to be a distraction for the new manager and team at Tottenham. I was excited to come.

“The last 48 hours of the deal was pretty up and down, a bit of a roller coaster, but I was just really happy when we got over the line.

“Two days ago I was sitting in London and we didn’t know how it was going to go.”

The Official Football Merchandise Store
Manchester City
Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United
Leicester City
Newcastle United
West Ham United
Real Madrid

Source link

Related Posts