Kingstanding stabbing: Murder investigation launched after 14-year-old attacked by ‘up to seven offenders’

Police have launched a murder investigation after a teenage boy was stabbed to death in north Birmingham.

The 14-year-old died at the scene after nothing could be done to save him when paramedics arrived, West Midlands police said.

The teen was attacked on College Road at the junction with Wardour Grove in Kingstanding at around 7.30pm on Monday by up to seven people, who ran off towards Chester Road.

A murder investigation was immediately launched and the area is flooded with police officers searching for the offenders.

Officers are currently speaking to witnesses and fast-tracking CCTV enquiries.

Detective Inspector Ranj Sangha, from the force’s homicide unit, said: “This is a shocking and senseless tragedy. Another young life has been taken far too soon.

“We have officers with the boy’s family who are facing the cruellest of news this evening. My heart goes out to them.

“We will be leaving no stone unturned in our hunt for the callous individuals responsible for this, or for anyone harbouring them, knowing what they have done.”

Separately, a teenager in north London also died on Monday after being found stabbed on a tennis court.

Officers were called to Montrose Park in Edgware on Monday evening following reports of a group of men fighting inside the tennis court area, Met Police said.

When they arrived after the call at 5.54pm, they found an 18-year-old man with stab wounds.

He was treated by air ambulance paramedics at the scene but pronounced dead at 7.19pm, according to the force.

Police are working to formally identify him and inform his next of kin before a post-mortem examination takes place.

Seven men were arrested on suspicion of a string of offences including attempted murder and affray and are being held in police custody.

Any witnesses or anyone with information, video or images that could assist police are asked to call 101 quoting log 3313 of 31/5 for the Birmingham incident, and ref CAD 5436/31 May for the north London incident.

Source link